Designing your kitchen, bath or bar area can bring about various concerns involving style, visual appeal, and ergonomic functionality. Each answered question directly effects another question, making the design checklist ever-growing. For example, "If I choose dark cabinets in my kitchen, what kind of countertop will match?", "If I go with stainless steel appliances, which sink should I get?" As you can tell, the list goes on, and designing your home can turn into quite the process.
Let's start with the basics, and determine which metal will best suit your home: copper or stainless steel.
As you progress through the design process, selecting between copper and stainless steel will inevitably be one of the most important decisions for your kitchen, bath, or bar. Take a look at both of the Havens sinks below, each one displaying it's own characteristics and features.
- Naturally ages to give the sink a unique look, which changes over time.
- Antimicrobial properties allow the copper to kill harmful microbes in less than two hours, which makes for a cleaner food prep area.
- Self-healing patina allows the finish to restore itself regardless of what the metal is exposed to (acidic foods, abrasive cleaners, metal pots and pans).
- Extremely durable, heavy duty 14 gauge metal. Copper is one of the oldest metals known to man.
- Made from USA melted 99.9% pure copper (the highest quality copper available).
- Very easy to clean and maintain. All that is needed for cleaning is a soapy sponge.
- No need to dry or wax the sink after using it, the copper restores itself.
- Metal doesn't change over time and maintains the same appearance
- Crafted using heavy duty 14 gauge Stainless Steel
- Visually compliments a modernistic or contemporary designed kitchen
- Extremely resilient to acidic foods, abrasive cleaners and metal pots.
- Very easy to clean and maintain (a soapy sponge will do the trick).
- Made from USA melted 99.9% pure stainless steel (the highest quality stainless available).
The full Collection of Havens Copper and Stainless Steel Sinks can be found using this link: Havens Metal
A Guide to Buying The Perfect Sink
Before purchasing a sink it is important for a homeowner to know the level of quality the product represents and what you will be getting when you make your investment.
With this in mind, we have come up with a basic guide to give homeowners some pointers and answer general questions that arise when researching to find the perfect sink for your home.
At Havens Metal, we want to earn your business by laying out the facts in hopes of helping you make an educated decision you feel confident with. Doing your research is key in this process and the Havens team is always here for any questions you might have along the way. Check out our guide, and if you still have questions, give us a call!
What you get when you purchase a Havens Sink:
Risks involved with purchasing a lesser-quality sink:
In the highly competitive industry of kitchen and bath products, it’s unfortunate that many manufacturers mislead the consumer by sacrificing quality for profitability. The nature of the industry has lead many of our competitors to import their products from Mexico and Asia, which has lead to unsatisfactory quality for the consumer.
Make sure you read the fine print, as most of our competitors sell imported sinks, made from recycled material. Don't just take our word for it, do your research and hold the industry accountable for a quality product manufactured by a trustworthy brand.
At Havens, we always strive to bring forward the industry standards for a quality product that a homeowner will be proud of for decades to come. With this in mind, we make it very clear that all Havens Metal products are manufactured in the USA from domestic made non-recycled copper.
About our Metal
Maintaining a Havens Sink is very easy due to the nature of quality on the materials used by our expert craftsman. From start to finish, Havens uses the highest grade of materials, machinery, and skill to bring forth a perfect product our customers will be proud to display in their home.
Copper: The grade of copper Havens Metal uses on all copper products is 14-gauge non-recycled. The reason we’ve chosen this metal is due to the fact that this is the highest quality of copper you can build a sink out of. All of our copper is domestic grade, meaning it comes directly from a supplier here in the United States of America.
As one of the oldest metals known to man, copper has proven to be a highly useful material with many properties that allow for a sound and safe environment in the home. Studies show that copper also functions as a defense against bacteria, and growth is inhibited on the surface of copper, which makes it a perfect metal to make a home sink out of.
Stainless Steel: Havens Metal uses solid 16 gauge Stainless Steel in manufacturing our sinks. Regardless of the texture, whether it is hammered, smooth, or with a pattern, our Stainless Steel is guaranteed to last for life and never rust. All of our Stainless Steel is melted and made right here in the USA, never imported.
Download a printable version here: The Sink Buying Guide
Leave a comment